If you have been certified through another certifying agency, you may be able to gain NHCWA certification by means of reciprocity. You will not have to sit for the exam if you have taken a previous exam within 5 years. To start this process, register for the exam and select “reciprocity” as your fulfillment of requirements to take the exam.

The NHCWA can grant certification through reciprocity to candidates who hold a valid certification issued by another Organization.

In order to receive certification through reciprocity you must submit the following items.

  • The reciprocity application completely filled out and signed.
  • The application fee payable to NHCWA, (fee is listed on the application)
  • A copy of the current certification from another Organization
  • To receive your new certification, you must upload a clear copy of a valid non-expired state issued photo Id.

The board shall grant a certification without examination to an applicant if the applicant submits all of the following to the board:

(a)     A completed application form and all fees required by the board.

(b)      Proof of a current certification issued by another board that meets all of the following requirements:

(1)     It is not revoked, suspended, or otherwise restricted.

(2)     It is in good standing.

It has been active for two of the last five years, during which time the applicant has not been subject to disciplinary action.

The Department will compare your education and experience to that required for certification by NHCWA. If your education and experience is equitable to the NHCWA requirements you will receive certification. Be sure to fill out the application completely.

Click or drag a file to this area to upload.